10.19.2008

Happy B-day to Bapa John

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

In the year of 1956, on October 19th. The 3rd son of Chin's family was born. He was named John Chin P S. In 1982, he married with Theresa Kong P T and gave birth to 4 children within 6 years. They are my parents.

Today 19.10.2008, my dad is 52 years. He has a happy and harmony family with a lovely wife and 4 good children. If someone asks me " how you describe your dad?" I will definitely answer he is not only my parent but also my friend.

My dad is tall with the height of 181cm and the weight of 90kg. He has a small eyes and dimples which i always feel jealous of! This is because i dont have one! He has a very dark skin due to the work he is doing, a constuction manager, who needs to go to the working area and look at the buildings.

My dad never punish me instead he never scold me. So i am considered a spoil child because the way i talk to my dad is just like the way i talk to my friend. I never afraid of my dad, so if there is anything i disagree or dislike i will tell him directly and my dad will agree if i was correct. If my idea was wrong, my dad will tell me lots of lots of reasons and the reason always start with " You listen to me, i tell you a story....and the story begins with...." Sometimes is tiring to listen to what he says but whatever he says seems to be truth.

I always tell my dad everything, including what is happening around me, my relationship, my study and many things. He will always listen to me and tell me his opinions regarding to my things and tell me what i should do. He is also a generous father, he will always buy handphone suddenly and the handphone will be used by my siblings and he is always the one using the lousy and old fashion phone.

Whenever my friends visit Brunei, my dad will always happy to welcome them and he normally will treat them sushi. My friends(Brunei friends) always like to come to my house because my house is like a gathering place for all of them. My dad will welcome them with a smiling face and they can do whatever they want. Even my friend, Joyce, will make joke that Uncle John is her god father. She sometimes call my dad as 干爹 and my dad will just laugh there.

My brother,Ignatius, used to describe my mum as " 一个无人可以取代我们心中的女人" during mother's day on stage and describe my dad as "一个很啰嗦的爸爸" during father's day on the stage. The way that we describe my our mum and dad differently is because we know that the personality of my parents are different. My mum like to listen to sweet words, because she is a sensitive woman. So we wish to describe her with sincerity. In contrast to my mum, we know that our dad is a person who can accept every joke. So we describe him that way, to represent that he will always tell us stories and the stories might be repeated or boring but we all know the reason for the story and we will listen to it.

No matter what, he will always be my best baba and i will love him forever.

生日快乐爸爸

祝你身体健康!事业顺利!

愿主保佑您!


Me and my dad, many people say we look alike.